La Paz (3% off)
VIP Price: $236.00
Tour Operator: Manta Scuba Diving
The trip to La Paz is one of the unique adventures that the Sea of Cortez has to offer. On this special trip we have the opportunity to swim with Whale Sharks, the largest fish in the ocean, and also pay a visit to the largest Sea Lion colony in the Sea of Cortez. The Sea Lions in this colony are especially friendly and playful, interacting with divers.
The Whale Sharks part of the tour is snorkeling only, the visit in the Sea Lions colony is for diving and snorkeling.
- Play with the curious sea lions
- Snorkel with the biggest fish in the ocean
- Explore other regions of the Baja California
- Enjoy the scenic boat ride along the islands of Espiritu Santo National park and Unesco Biosphere
- Great for all the family including non-divers
- Dive in small groups with a PADI certified Divemaster or instructor
La Paz is the largest city in the area, and used to be the only international airport in Baja California. We will drive to La Paz, located 2 hours’ drive from Cabo San Lucas, on the Sea of Cortez side of the Baja peninsula.
The Whale Sharks are very slow and docile creatures, feeding from Plankton; they are not dangerous to swimmers. From October to January many Whale Sharks congregate at the shallows of the protected bay of La Paz, as the warm water get rich with Plankton.
For the protection of the Sharks the local regulations allow only snorkeling.
The trip does not end with the Whale Sharks; we will continue to the Sea Lion colony, to watch the Brown California Sea Lions. The Sea Lions love to play and explore, their curious character burst once they see divers blowing bubbles or bright fins and snorkels. You can often find the pups pulling at your fins, eager to play, showing off and turning circles around our comparatively clumsy underwater movements.
What To Bring
- Swimming suit,
- certification card (for divers),
- warm dry clothes for the way back (sweatshirt or a coat),
- transportation from Manta facility to and from La Paz,
- box lunch,
- soft drinks,
- National park fees,
- bottled water and
October through January, upon reservation
• Snorkeling with Whale Sharks and Espiritu Santo Sea Lions